Reference Audio Performance from a Soundbar
As more feature films continue to come to streaming services, it is easier than ever to bring the full cinema experience home.
And while many of us are bringing larger and larger screens into our homes, not as many of us have the room (or the budget) for dedicated theaters or screening rooms or even for the sound systems and other accessories that make going to the movies such a treat.
Even for those who do have the room, the budget, and/or the inclination to try to match the movie theater experience at home, achieving a dynamic front-sound stage (LCR) worthy of your video setup without overwhelming your room with several large speakers or cutting multiple holes in your wall can be a challenge. After all, big bulky towers are SO 20th century!
Fortunately, there are the Fusion Reference and Theater Soundbars from NextLevel Acoustics!
How we do it
The Fusion Reference Soundbar (FRS) is NextLevel Acoustics’ unique three-channel custom soundbar intended for televisions 65″ or greater. Designed for ultra-high-resolution clarity, dialogue intelligibility, and lifelike soundstage, the FRS is comparable to reference-grade floor standing towers and in-wall speaker systems without the added bulkiness of distracting floor speakers or the need to cut holes in your wall. Unlike other systems of comparable sound quality, the FRS is contained in a single, elegant, soundbar with beautifully sculpted ends and finishes that are custom fabricated to fit precisely within the form factor of your existing television.
The Fusion Theater Soundbar (FTS) is an expanded version of the FRS that can custom sized for projection screens and that works especially well with 90” and up-projection screens.
Both the FRS and FTS are designed to work with and enhance larger displays and to offer cinema-quality sound in a soundbar format, making them the perfect complement to any size screen.
All you need now is the popcorn!
- TWW, WTW, WWT Configuration
- TW WTW WT Configuration on 65″ displays due to space constraints
- Six – 5.5″ Carbon Wool Drivers (CI-IW55 Drivers – Reviewed by CEPro)
- Four – 5.5″ Carbon Wool Drivers (65″ Display Versions)
- Three – 1″ DYNA Silk Dome Tweeters (CI-IWHDMON Tweeters – Reviewed by CEPro)
- British ESA Clarity Capacitors
- Proprietary CI Series Sound Deadening Butyl Latex/Silica Coating
- Elite Series Inspired Seamless Tapered Ends
- High-Gloss Piano Black Post Forming Formica Finish (Additional Finishes Available)
- Pre-mounted soundbar z-clip mount system
- Cable management channels
- Precision CNC Construction with 3/4″ Thick MDF Front Panel and Baltic Birch Back Panel
- Custom″ wide x 4″ deep x 6.4″ high
- Available for TV sizes up to 100″ or greater
- Custom configurations (Stereo vs. LCR vs. Center), IR badge grille notches, finishes, grille fabrics, and colors available
|System Type and Configuration||(3) Sector LCR, Sealed, TWW, WTW, WWT|
|Woofers||(6) 5.5″ Carbon Wool / (4) 5.5″ Carbon Wool (65″ Displays)|
|Tweeters||(3) 1″ DYNA Silk Dome|
|Sensitivity||92 dB at 1 W- 1 M|
|Impedance||4 ohms each sector|
|Response||44 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Power- Min/Max – RMS||30 – 350|
|Dimensions||custom” wide x 4″ deep x 6.4″ high|
|Standard Finishes||High Gloss Black / Matte Black / Oak w/ Black Lacquer|
1. Please keep your boxes and inner packaging materials. In the event that your speakers need to be serviced at the factory it is essential they are returned in their original packaging.
2. If wall mounting the LCR, install rubber bumpers and Z Clips. Z Clips mount “tab down” (screws on the top) and “tab up” (screws on the bottom) on the wall. Do not mount the Z Clips where the non-safe zones are indicated on the back of the unit.
3. Install hookup wires. Observe polarity to and from the receiver amplifier to the speaker. (+) Side of the peaker must connect to the (+) side of the amplifier. I.e. red to + and black to (-). Place either directly above or below the display.
4. Make sure you adhere to the UM-1 bracket weight restrictions if using
5. Break-in normally takes about 12 hours of playing. In this 12 hours, the crossover capacitors and drive units are breaking in. Please do not play at excessive power levels. Over-driving the speaker system can result in permanent damage. Always turn down the volume when changing between program sources.